Looking for someone who is experienced but still early in their career (roughly 2-6 years of experience) and feels ready to take on a large amount of responsibility and growth.
Reasons why you would want to work at Vivid Theory:
- A fresh start with a young energetic team
- Vibrant work environment
- Develop in the most modern web technologies (React, Nodejs, and front/backend Typescript)
- Creative freedom to make a direct and immediate impact on our code base
- Successfully launched and validated product.
- See your work life being used by hundreds of thousands of customers and consumers.
- Expedited advancement opportunities and ownership potential.
You'll be solving big challenges and working with low-latency, large-scale systems in a small, fast-paced, collaborative family-feel environment! In this role, you will help shape the technical direction, and you'll be building tools for a diverse set of problems from server capacity planning and management, service monitoring tooling infrastructure, system inventory, and server provisioning. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to move into a leadership role, influencing change and providing solutions across several engineering challenges.
- Someone who takes ownership and pride in their work makes and delivers on commitments and isn't satisfied with anything less than excellence.
- Has the desire to help define the architecture and strategic roadmap for a product used by hundreds of users, balancing business objectives, end-user needs, and technical feasibility
- An exceptional communicator who will be effective on a team
- Design, implement, and maintain databases by integrating in-house tools and external sources.
- Work with the development team to create a scalable data architecture.
- Collaborate with development and executive teams to gather and understand data requirements and ensure data accuracy.
- Improve data reliability, efficiency, quality, and data governance processes through innovative strategies.
- Build and test big data ecosystems for scalability.
- Automate repetitive tasks and processes to reduce manual intervention.
- Execute data migrations across databases and servers with accuracy and efficiency.
- Upgrade and replace outdated systems to enhance database performance.
- Validate and test data transformations and verifications used in machine learning models to maintain accuracy.
- Conduct regular database maintenance and monitor its performance.
- Implement disaster recovery techniques to ensure business continuity.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related area of study.
- Strong knowledge of Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) and its interaction with databases (experience with Sequelize is a plus).
- Proficient in SQL, with experience in PostgreSQL being an advantage.
- Familiarity with database level programming languages, such as PL/pgSQL.
- Experience working with relational databases and their performance measurement and testing.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure and its related services.
- Experience with ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes.
- Proficiency in using GitHub for version control.
- Familiarity with Code First Database Migrations and Seeding.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT, or a related field.
- Previous experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role.
- Strong technical skills including experience in data modeling, data mining, and segmentation techniques.
- Hands-on experience with database design and problem-solving.
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking.
Generally speaking, we're looking for someone who is experienced but still early in their career (roughly 2-6 years of experience) and feels ready to take on a large amount of responsibility and growth.
Salary will be offered on a candidate-by-candidate basis
This position is requesting to be funded by the Government of Canada under the Innovation, Science, and Economic Development of Canada, Digital Skills for Youth program.
Bonus points if you have an automotive background